Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New normal

This past week has been hard. Hard trying to settle into a routine again, Hard trying to clean the house again, Hard trying to maintain at the level I am used to, Hard getting back into the exercise swing of things, Hard because I am still going 2/3times a week for blood draws to check on my blood levels, Hard admitting that I still cannot do it all and Hard being okay with that.

HARD

However, I am getting through each day with less and less pain.  And this experience has been a test of my humility and strength. I know the Lord knew what he was doing when my minor surgery veered off course.

I am having to daily focus on what my body can do and not what my brain says it can do. Because my brain says that I can do 3 loads of laundry & carry it up the stairs, sweep/mop floors, cook fabulous meals for my family and still have time to do a puzzle or craft with the kids.

BUT

My body says - "ahh, 1 load of laundry is good and it can wait to go upstairs till Bill gets home" and "lets just lay on the couch for a few minutes"

Honesty, things are going smoother.  The kids have really stepped up helping. The house actually looks good a bit dirtier than normal. Ahhh, did I just type that???

The most frustrating part of this recovery is proving to be the blood clots. The 2/3 weekly trips to get my blood drawn to check the med levels in my blood are getting frustrating and time consuming. This part of the process is where I am finding it hard to see the big picture. And it seems every time I go in I find out new information on blood clots or the medicine I am on. Yesterday, I was told "increased activity will increase your med levels" - WHAT??
I might have said something along the lines of "Then what am I suppose to do sit on my A%$ for the next 3months?"

This New Normal thing is hard work! But I am trying ..... just keep swimming, just keep swimming


No comments:

Post a Comment