Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Daring Greatly

I am reading an Awesome book right now by the  name of Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.
And from the moment I read the jacket of the book I knew it was going to be a great book. This quote is my new favorite quote and I am sharing it now. It sums up what this year has been for me.

 
 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the
man who points out how the strong man
stumbles, or where the doer of deeds
could have done them better.
 
 
The credit belongs to the man who is actually
in the arena, whose face is marred by dust
and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly....
who at the best knows in the end the triumph
of high achievement, and who at the worst, if
he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
-Theodore Roosevelt
 
 
 
This year has been about Daring Greatly. Which meant facing the past, seeking help, fighting through, becoming whole again, learning to open up, focusing on my family and myself.  Throughout this year I learned over and over again how strong I am. Not just physically but mentally/spiritually. Deep down I had always known this about myself but had never really pushed myself. This year I pushed myself and it felt good.

As 2012 comes to a close in a few days I look back and I am happy to see it go. But I look forward to 2013 with extreme gusto.....lets get this party started. Welcome 2013 Bring it On!

No comments:

Post a Comment